- Ideal for A-level Racers looking for a workout and B and C-Level Racers looking for a serious challenge
- Limited warm-up opportunity - speeds can be very high from the outset
- Riders are expected to be able to fix their own flat tires, perform minor bike repairs, and carry all equipment to do so effectively
- No set average speed, but averaging 18-20 mph on the Verdi loop is not unusual
- Typically waits for the rest of the group at the top of the Mogul Hill at the bike path entrance and at Verdi Elementary
- Not everyone waits for slower riders or riders blocked by construction, traffic, or mechanical issues
- Slower riders are expected to conserve their energy and focus on not getting dropped by saving their energy, usually by not talking and drafting effectively
- Slower riders are not expected to pull to maintain the high rate of speed. If someone is pulling and the other riders feel it’s too slow, they will pass the person who is pulling.
- More risk associated with higher speeds and people operating in the red zone
Scan the QR code with your Smartphone camera to access and sign your 2023 ride waiver, or follow the link here. Riders only have to sign the waiver once per season.